A VISIONARY DESIGN
6 Beds • 7.5 Baths • Approx. 10,008 SF • 20,100 SF Lot • 2,570,000 SOLD
1423 Pathfinder Ln, McLean, VA 22101, USA
On the corner of aspiration and success, come, find and celebrate the fruit of your labor. Introducing 1423 Pathfinder Lane, masterfully crafted by HP Design and Build, this sun kissed residence offers luxury, style, and convenience. Situated on an envious lot with a gorgeous and open floor plan, enjoy your park like surroundings through the multitude of large windows with loft style ceilings and great outdoor space. Create delicious masterpieces in the chef inspired kitchen featuring Sub-Zero and Wolf appliances. Party and play in an amazing light filled recreational/social room with full wet bar and media room. Retreat for the day to your resort inspired master suite featuring a spa-like master bath with a steam shower and a private balcony overlooking the backyard. Come and explore the possibilities here!
- 20,100 square foot (0.46 Acres) restricted protected area premium lot in West McLean subdivision
- Stone, hardiplank, and cedar shake siding exterior
- Asphalt driveway with paver courtyard
- 3 car insulated & finished oversized garage with floor treatment, openers & keyless entry
- Arts & craft double columns with stone façade on first level
- Flagstone front porch with recessed lighting
- Craftsman stained mahogany front double door with exterior front lighting
- Rear screened-in porch with recessed lighting & ceiling fan
- Rear Trek deck leading to large flagstone patio with outdoor kitchen rough-ins
- Rear private master bedroom Trek balcony
- 30-year architectural roof shingles
- Professional landscaping with sod yard
Interior Highlights & Custom Features
Main Level - Approximately 2,734 square feet of open living space featuring sanded & stained in place hardwood flooring, oversized large windows and loft style 10’ 6” ceilings, elevator with controlled access to all levels including loft, and a multi-room sound system throughout.
- GRAND FOYER with loft style 10’ 6” ceiling with two brass nickel chandeliers, coffered ceiling accentuated by three-piece crown molding, wainscoting, large coat closet, and grand staircase detailed with rich dark stained wooden post and black iron rods.
- LIVING ROOM with coffered ceiling accentuated by three-piece crown molding, recessed lighting, wainscoting, and large windows with views of the front and side yard.
- OFFICE with double glass 8-foot French doors, coffered ceiling accentuated by three-piece crown molding, recessed lighting, wainscoting, and large windows overlooking the courtyard.
- FIFTH EN SUITE BEDROOM with large walk-in closet, coffered ceiling accentuated by three-piece crown molding and ceiling fan with remote control, rich espresso vanity with granite countertop, and stand-in shower with custom tile work.
- DINING ROOM with coffered ceiling accentuated by three-piece crown molding, recessed lighting, large brass nickel chandelier, wainscoting, and large windows overlooking the side and backyard.
- BUTLER’S PANTRY with custom built-in glass front gray cabinets, exotic granite countertop, large sink, and wine refrigerator. Secondary staircase between the butler’s pantry and family room with access to upper level.
- FAMILY ROOM with old world stoned wood burning fireplace and custom built stained mantel, coffered ceiling accentuated by three-piece crown molding, recessed lighting, brass nickel chandelier, large windows overlooking the backyard, and 8-foot glass sliding doors leading to the screened-in porch.
- MASTER CHEF’S KITCHEN with 60-inch self-closing custom cabinetry, exotic stone granite countertops, architecturally designed tile backsplash with pot filler faucet over range, and oversized large center island with grey custom cabinets, exotic stone granite countertop, and second sink.
APPLIANCE PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Sub-Zero Integrated 60” Side by Side Refrigerator
- Wolf 48” Gas Range with 6 Burners & Infrared Charbroiler
- Wolf Under Counter 30” E Series Professional Built-In Oven
- Sharp Under Counter Microwave Oven Drawer
- Bosch Silence Plus 44 Series Dishwasher
- KITCHEN DESK with drawers, cabinet, exotic stone granite countertop, tile backsplash, and custom built-in shelving.
- PANTRY located adjacent to kitchen with custom shelving.
- FORMAL POWDER ROOM featuring an expresso vanity with granite countertop, designer mirror accentuated with scone lighting, and custom ceramic tile work.
- MUDROOM with custom built-ins, coat hooks, bench and dog wash station with ceramic tile flooring.
Upper Level - Approximately 3,587 square feet of light filled spacious living featuring sanded & stained in place hardwood flooring, oversized large windows, 4 generous sized bedrooms, wide hallways with recessed lighting, two hallway closets for additional storage, and an open sitting area adjacent to the staircase.
- MASTER BEDROOM with sitting area, tray ceiling accentuated with recessed lighting, three-piece crown molding, wainscoting, gas fireplace, two large walk-in closets, sound system, and 8-foot sliding glass doors leading to a private Trek balcony overlooking the backyard.
- MASTER BATHROOM featuring wide peppercorn double vanities with granite countertop, two large designer mirrors accentuated with scone lighting, stand-alone soaking tub with high end polished nickel faucet, steam shower with triple shower heads, linen closet with customer shelving, three-piece crown molding, recessed lighting, sound system, and custom ceramic tile work.
- MASTER BEDROOM LOFT/BONUS ROOM within master bedroom suite featuring a storage closet and controlled elevator access. Can be customized into a seasonal closet.
- SECOND GRAND EN SUITE BEDROOM with tray ceiling accentuated with three-piece crown molding, recessed lighting, ceiling fan with remote control, and two large closets. Bathroom features a white vanity with granite countertop, stand-in shower with glass door, and custom ceramic tile work.
- THIRD EN SUITE BEDROOM featuring a ceiling fan with remote control, large windows, wainscoting, and a large closet. Bathroom features a walnut vanity with granite countertop, designer mirror accentuated with scone lighting, stand-in shower with glass door, and custom ceramic tile work.
- FOURTH EN SUITE BEDROOM featuring a ceiling fan with remote control, large windows, wainscoting, and a large walk-in closet. Bathroom features a white vanity with granite. countertop, designer mirror accentuated with scone lighting, shower with tub, and custom ceramic tile work.
- LAUNDRY ROOM with white custom cabinets, sink, washer/dryer hookup, and closet with customer shelving.
Lower Level - Approximately 2,554 square feet of comfortable living space featuring plush carpeting, recessed lighting, large windows, closet with custom shelving for additional storage, a large storage room, and 8-foot glass French doors for easy walk out access to rear patio and backyard.
- SOCIAL ROOM & RECREATIONAL ROOM with recessed lighting, multi-room sound system, and gas fireplace surrounded by stone work and custom built stained mantel.
- WET BAR adjacent to recreational room featuring expresso colored 42” cabinetry, glass shelving, granite countertop, wine refrigerator, sink, Bosch dishwasher, and under counter refrigerator.
- MEDIA ROOM featuring tray ceiling with recessed lighting, three-piece frown molding, scone lighting, wainscoting, and multi-room sound system.
- SIXTH EN SUITE BEDROOM featuring ceiling fan with remote control, large window, and large walk-in closet. Bathroom features cream colored vanity with granite countertop, shower tub, and custom ceramic tile work.
- POWDER ROOM with pedestal sink, designer mirror with lighting, and ceramic tile flooring.
Interior Finishes, Systems & Energy Efficient Features
- Three zoned cooling & heating system
- Two water heaters, one tankless and one 60+ gallons
- Anderson energy star rated dual pane low e glazing with argon casement windows
- Anderson energy star rated dual pane low e tempered glazing with argon 8-foot gliding doors
- LED energy star rated recessed lighting
- Internet and cable ready with cat5 wiring
- Pre-wired for security camera system (Cameras not included)
- FIOS system installed and ready
- Low VOC designer interior paint
- Central vacuum cleaner system
- Four panel solid core Masonite doors throughout
- One-year general limited builder warranty
Franklin Sherman Elementary School
Franklin Sherman Elementary School is a neighborhood school with historic ties to Fairfax County. Franklin Sherman opened in 1914 as the county's first consolidated school. Nine decades later, our school community is now enriched by a marvelous international population. Built in 1952, the present-day Franklin Sherman Elementary School serves a population of students from preschool through grade 6. An extensive renovation began in January 2008 and upon completion, will include a new media center and administrative wings as well as classrooms equipped with upgraded technological capabilities. Our staff provides a nurturing and safe learning environment, in which students and families enthusiastically contribute to the school's success.
Franklin Sherman emphasizes high academic achievement for all students. A dedicated and enthusiastic PTA works with the faculty to strengthen the instructional program and promote a positive school culture. The diverse cultural and professional resources of the community further enrich the educational program.
At Franklin Sherman Elementary, children are recognized as individuals with diverse backgrounds. Our character education program focuses on respect for individual differences, responsibility for academic and social actions and interactions, and cooperation with one another. We are a community of educators with clear goals for student achievement; we strive to build a strong foundation of knowledge and skills, foster independence and a positive self-image, maximize learning opportunities, and prepare each child for the challenges of the 21st century.
The mission of Franklin Sherman Elementary School is to ensure a warm and nurturing learning environment that promotes mutual respect, instills a life -long love of learning and develops the whole child. Through the collaboration of students, teachers, parents, and community; we actively engage our students in order to provide a balanced, quality education. We do this so that all students are challenged to reach their fullest potential and become successful members of the global community.
We believe in our students. We believe that each student possesses limitless potential, can be a successful learner and is capable of meeting high expectations. We believe in our community. We respect, honor, and celebrate the cultural and educational diversity of our school community. We acknowledge parents and community volunteers as partners in the educational process. We collaborate with families and the community to support student achievement in all areas. We believe in ourselves. We provide a positive, safe learning environment in which all students are motivated to succeed and to develop as global citizens with 21st century skills. We model continuous learning, growing, and changing as educators and staff members by utilizing a variety of instructional strategies. As a professional learning community, we create differentiated, engaging learning experiences based on knowledge of each student’s development.
*Information obtained from www.fcps.edu/FranklinShermanES
Longfellow Middle School
Longfellow Middle School has a reputation for academic excellence with statewide and nationally recognized accomplishments: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, and 2015 Governor's Awards for Excellence in Education, 2013 Virginia Board of Education Excellence Award, Math Counts – 1st in the state; Science Olympiad – 5th in the country; Orchestra and Band – All Superior ratings; Knowledge Masters and First Lego League teams are nationally ranked, RAMP-Student Services Department National Award, and Golden Wellness Award for excellence in Nutrition and Fitness.
Longfellow Middle School provides a traditional school structure including a seven period school day plus a 22 minute Lancer Time for remediation and enrichment. All students are part of an academic team comprised of teachers in English, social studies, science, and a counselor. All teachers are expected to incorporate the development of problem-solving and critical thinking skills into the curriculum for all students, regardless of academic program or progress. Emphasis is placed on making each academic area (the advanced academic center, the honors program, special education, English for Speakers of Other Languages) the best it can be. Our curriculum also stresses the importance of service learning and lifelong learning skills. All students are supported in ways that challenge and support them to reach their full potential.
Our welcoming, supportive, and safe school environment is enhanced by our Positive Behavior Support program. Our Lancer Code is: Be Respectful, Be Responsible, and Be Safe. Parental involvement is critical to the success of each child and the Longfellow school community. The school's PTA contributes to the benefit of all school citizens through financial support and advisement to the principal. The school's business partners, Wheat Landscaping, Home Depot, Larkin Remodelers, and Bayou Bakery, provide resources to the school. The school has a wide-ranging after-school activities program.
Our mission is to promote the success of each member of the Longfellow family by inspiring excellence in learning through academics, life skills, service to others and to our environment, so all will be responsible and innovative global citizens.
We are a community of life-long learners that welcomes diversity, embraces challenge, strives for excellence, fosters integrity, encourages creativity, supports environmental stewardship, and celebrates personal growth for every member of the Longfellow family.
Goals at Longfellow Middle School
Have a strong instructional focus with high expectations to challenge all students and close the achievement gap.
Maintain a safe, secure, supportive learning environment and build positive relationships.
Provide excellent communication consistently to all stakeholders.
Promote an eco-friendly community.
*Information obtained from www.fcps.edu/LongfellowMS
McLean High School
Located four miles from Washington, D.C., and tucked into the northeastern section of Fairfax County, McLean High School provides a supportive environment for the whole student—focusing on student achievement, while encouraging participation in sports, the arts, clubs, publications, and other co-curricular activities. The quality of our students’ educational experiences is a direct reflection of our community’s commitment to its schools and education. McLean is home to a highly educated business and professional population, including employees of the federal government, as well as international business and government professionals.
McLean offers an academically challenging program with courses designed to compliment the broad interests and abilities of a culturally diverse student body. Because of the strong academic orientation of the McLean community, the curriculum focuses on college preparation with an impressive array of advanced placement courses, while offering a wide variety of electives designed to appeal to all interests and vocations. Electives offerings include everything from an award-winning fine and performing arts program, with orchestral, choral, and instrumental levels suitable for the beginner or the expert performer to a preschool program in our early childhood education classes. McLean has provided the impetus for students to matriculate to the best universities and to embark on successful careers in a variety of fields.
We believe our pursuit of excellence and our focus on personal improvement contribute to the development of self-worth and instill a lifelong love of learning in each student. Students from Virginia, and throughout the nation and world, have found a special place at McLean, the home of the Highlanders.
Educate, inspire and engage all learners in an enriching educational experience
Encourage all learners to be self-directed, independent, and responsible
Foster creative and critical thinking skills
Provide challenging opportunities in all curricular and extracurricular settings
Develop and sustain a healthy and caring culture focused on positive social and emotional skills to improve learning for all
Engage the entire McLean community in a supportive and collaborative learning environment
*Information obtained from www.fcps.edu/McLeanHS
Ideally located and close in to the heart of downtown McLean, there is much to enjoy immediately within and around the West McLean subdivision. Chain Bridge Corner Shopping Center, located within 6809-6839 Redmond Drive and 1446-1454 Chain Bridge Road, offers a wide range of shops, restaurants and other services such as Giant Food, CVS/Pharmacy, Capri Restaurant, Kazan Restaurant, Peking Imperial Restaurant, Chico’s, Cosmo Cleaners, Jenny Craig, Greenberry’s Coffee & Tea, and much more. This shopping center is easily accessible on foot from 1423 Pathfinder Lane in approximately 10 minutes. Adjacent to Chain Bridge Corner Shopping Center is the McLean Shopping Center located at 1445 Chain Bridge Road. Some of the specialty shops you will find here is Total Wine, McLean Hardware, and Advance Auto Parts.
There are many recreational places to enjoy. The McLean Racquet & Health Club, located at 1472 Chain Bridge Road, is a gym which offers a wide range of classes and services. Some of the amenities you can enjoy here include an indoor salt water pool, tennis, squash, fitness and personal training, childcare services, as well as spa services. The Tuckahoe Recreation Club, located at 1814 Great Falls Street, has a variety of different programs it offers to it members. The club facilities have 1 indoor pool, 3 outdoor pools, strength training equipment, cardiovascular equipment, saunas, whirlpool, and steam shower. Programs offered range from tennis to yoga classes as well as water aerobics classes. Kent Gardens Recreation Club, located at 1906 Westmoreland Street, is a community pool offering swim and dive teams that compete in the Northern Virginia Swimming League. The club also offers swimming lessons and some of the club amenities include showers, changing rooms, snack bar, large patio deck, and wi-fi internet access.
Lewinsville Park, located at 1659 Chain Bridge Road, is a great park for varies activities. The park features six tennis courts, two basketball courts, and a couple of soccer fields. It also has a community garden as well as the Lewinsville House, a historic rental property. The McLean Farmers Market, held open on Fridays from 8 AM to 12 PM from May through November, is hosted at Lewinsville Park. Produce and products are provided strictly from local food producers, farmers and producers may only sell what they raise on their farms or make from scratch.
There are three metro stations conveniently close to 1423 Pathfinder Lane within less than a 2.5-mile radius. These stations include McLean Metro Station, Tysons Corner Metro Station, and West Falls Church Metro Station. Also within close proximity is the Tysons Corner Center with the vast range of shops, restaurants, movie theatres, outdoor play activities and all it has to offer. 1423 Pathfinder Lane is conveniently located to all of these amazing life amenities making it an ideal place to call home.
Since 1996 the principals of HP Design and Build has grown to become one of the foremost choices for constructional services. Founded under the vision of Mr. Freddy Pena, who is known for his exceptional design skills and has found itself a sturdy footing in Virginia, he has built his company on honesty and integrity. Throughout their 23-year run of building and remodeling residential spaces, if there’s one thing that HP Design and Build has consistently managed to do, is to put their customers at the forefront and complete projects that exceed their expectations through quality and expertise. This has helped HP Design and Build gain the trust of many loyal customers and expand their enterprise. Today, HP Design and Build operates in Fairfax, Arlington, McLean, Falls Church and Springfield, steadily growing their business as well as their customer base.